Human Resources Policy Director job career at Government Printing Works in Pretoria South Afriaca Today May 2013
The Government Printing Works is transforming and these exciting and innovative changes offer individuals an opportunity to satisfy the passion to build a legacy that awaits you at the Government Printing Works.
Director: Human Resources Policy,
Planning and Provisioning
Salary: An all-inclusive salary package of R719 613 per annum, structured as follows:
Basic salary = 70% of package; State’s contribution to the Government Employees Pension
Fund = 13% of basic salary. The remaining flexible portion may be structured in terms of the applicable remuneration rules (Level 13) (Ref. GPW13/19)
Reporting to the General Manager: Human Resources, the successful candidate will provide strategic leadership and direction to the function of Human Resources Policy, Planning and Provisioning within the Branch: Human Resources.
• A recognized and appropriate 3-year degree in Human Resources or equivalent qualification plus extensive experience with a minimum of 3 years’ management experience
• In-depth knowledge of and experience across the HR spectrum, specifically with regard to Recruitment and Selection, Service Conditions, Compensation Management, Organizational Development and Employment Equity
• Computer literacy
• Knowledge of HR budgeting, PFMA and all legislation governing HR practices
• Strategic capability and leadership
• Service delivery innovation
• Client orientation and customer focus
• People management and empowerment skills
• Programme and project management skills
• Knowledge and information management skills
• Problem-solving and analysis skills
• Business report-writing skills.
• Provide strategic direction, leadership and management to the Unit
• Manage, train and guide subordinates within the Unit
• Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of HR policy guidelines, processes and procedures
• Coordinate Human Resources information and knowledge management
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of Human Resource strategies
• Manage recruitment and selection, organizational structure, job profiles, job evaluation and the staff budget
• Be responsible for HR administration processes
• Develop and manage attraction, retention and exit programmes
• Facilitate the development, implementation and monitoring of employment equity.
Enquiries: JJ Rossouw, tel. (012) 334-4612
The Government Printing Works is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is intended to promote representivity through the filling of this post. The candidature of persons whose appointment/transfer/promotion will promote representivity will receive preference.
Short-listed candidates must be available for interviews at a date and time determined by the Government Printing Works. Successful candidates may be subjected to competency assessment. The Government Printing Works is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is intended to promote representivity through the filling of this post. The candidature of persons whose appointment/transfer/promotion will promote representivity will receive preference.
Applications must be submitted on form Z83 (obtainable from any Public Service department) and must be completed in full and page 2 duly signed. A clear indication of the post and reference number that is being applied for must be indicated on your Z83. A recent, comprehensive CV, specifying all qualifications and experience with respective dates and certified copies of qualifications and ID, must be attached.
All applications must be forwarded to the Branch: Human Resources, Government Printing Works, cnr Bosman and Proes Streets, Pretoria or Private Bag X85, Pretoria 0001, marked for the attention of Mr L Cengani, the Human Resource Practitioner (Recruitment), tel. (012) 334-4590
Applications received after the closing date as well as those who do not comply with the requirements will not be taken into consideration.
If you have not received a response from this institution within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.